OpalApps is a software development service provider offering a complete cycle of high quality software design, development and maintenance services.
Our main focus at the time is embedded systems where we have gained considerable hands-on experience over the years. Here is a selection of areas where we could be helpfull to you.
- We provide opimized and well tested low level device drivers and supporting application layer software development, so that your application development team could concentrate on the task at hand.
- Bootloader being an intergral piece of software of any system requires verification and extensive tunning. We have you covered on that. Our project-tailored bootloader configuration services and supporting infrastructure allows for reliable boot and update to be implemented.
- To make you firmware update experience as smooth as possible, we development of update-relevant tooling and infrastructure. In-system, desktop-based, or distributed update cover all possible scenarios and keep your deveice up to date
Firmware extension and maintenance
- Plugin/extension mechanism design and development
- Device API design and implementation to allow the growth of the infrastructure and community around your product
- Device API usage examples facilitates quick immersion into all functionality yoo device has to offer.
Product health monitoring and maintenance
- Device support end-user desktop software (Cross-platform and Web-based)
- Device calibration procedure design
- Calibration software development
- Logs and fault history collection infrastructure design and implementation
- Real-time device monitoring and notification infrastructure
- Device remote access
- Failure alarm and notification infrastructure design
- Preventive fault condition detection
- Real-time remote device monitoring
New hardware and prototypes
- Peripheral drivers and BSP design and development for new and already commissioned hardware
- Software-related device functionality verification. We provide software that extensively stress tests your newly desiged device and brings you confidence that the harware covers the needs for your project
- License verification/device registration infrastructure, software and firmware development: License server, purchase-activation-licensing monitor
- License validity period overview (collected from Device Update Server)
- Firmware cloning protection
Design / Development Process Support
- End-of-line testing firmware for mass-production purposes
- Firmware regression testing and continuous integration infrastructure
- Existing projects re-factoring, extension and long-time support
- Device firmware post-production support
- Hardware in the loop testing design and setup
- Version control system/Build server-based testing
- Firmware bench marking. Firmware performance analysis and optimization
- Sensor activity simulation (empirical and from collected logs/traces)
- Device behavior modeling (based on collected logs/traces)
- Industrial interface and protocol stacks integration and verification
- Connectivity stress-testing and bench marking
- Reviewing requirements and aligning them with hardware vendors. Preparation for certification or commissioning.
- Contribution to specifications based on prototype or model-based testing